Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <c....@web.de> on 2003/04/22 15:58:15 UTC

Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!

Hi,

here a short clarification:

The source resolver is afaik absolutely independent from any xml, html or sax
handling. So, if you lookup a Source object using the source resolver and
use only the provided interface no internal mysterious code is working.

In addition, the xmlizer is a *different* component that is able to
produce SAX events out of an input stream and a mime-type. The default
configuration for cocoon has an xmlizer configured that uses jtidy
to create sax events from html documents. By removing this
configuration from cocoon (cocoon.roles and cocoon.xconf) you don't
need jtidy. It has no hard-coded dependency to JTidy.

So, if you have a reader, only the input stream is used from the Source
object and you shouldn't have any depedency to JTidy as the xmlizer is
not used.

Does this help?

Thanks
Carsten
Carsten Ziegeler
c.ziegeler@web.de
UNICEF bittet um Spenden für die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101

Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
on 4/22/03 3:58 PM Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So, if you have a reader, only the input stream is used from the Source
> object and you shouldn't have any depedency to JTidy as the xmlizer is
> not used.
>
> Does this help?

Yes, it does.

then we simply have a bug because if you try to read an HTML file from
the default reader and jtidy is not around, you get a classnotfound
exception.

--
Stefano.