Posted to user@flume.apache.org by kishore alajangi <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 08:45:38 UTC

spooldir to hdfs

Hi Flume Experts,

Could anybody help me to store avro files located in my localfilesystem
into hdfs using flume, frequently new files will be generated so "spooldir"
work for it as source,

Kishore.

Re: spooldir to hdfs

Posted by kishore alajangi <al...@gmail.com>.
It is working with if i selected the source is avro and sink is hdfs,  the
configuration is below,

agent.sources = r1
agent.channels = c1
agnet.sinks = k1

agent.sources.r1.type = avro
agent.sources.r1.channels = c1
agent.sources.r1.bind = localhost
agent.sources.r1.port = 10001

agent.channels.c1.type = memory
agent.channels.c1.capacity = 1000
agent.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 100
agent.sinks.k1.type = hdfs
agent.sinks.k1.hdfs.path = /flume
agent.sinks.k1.channel = c1

By running the below command i am starting the flume agent with the above
conf file

# flume-ng agent -c /etc/flume-ng/conf -f /etc/flume-ng/conf/flume.conf -n
agent -Dflume.root.logger = DEBUG,console

after the source created and started running and looking for the changes in
configuration file to read the content from the particular port, I am
running the below command to send the content to that port for flume source
to read,

# flume-ng avro-client -H localhost -p 10001 -F /<path of the avrofile>

Successfully able to write the content in hdfs to the given path /flume,

but my requirement is, each second in my directory there are huge amount of
new files will be stored, those all the files I need to store in hdfs when
ever the new files are generated, I think if i used "spooldir" as source
for flume agent it looks for new files and write into hdfs sink, but when i
tried with spooldir as a source the above error i am facing, please help me
to solve this problem.

Kishore.

Re: spooldir to hdfs

Posted by kishore alajangi <al...@gmail.com>.
yes sharninder, I tried with the below configuration, but it throws
"flume.EventDeliveryException: Could not find schema for event" error,
please help me

first I copied the schema file to /etc/flume.conf/schemas(
created this directory explicitly)/avro.avsc

#defined source as spooldir, channel as memory, sink as hdfs,
agent.sources = s1
agent.channels = c1
agent.sinks = r1

agent.sources.s1.type = spooldir
agent.sources.s1.spoolDir = <dir path>
agent.sources.s1.deserializer = avro
agent.sources.s1.deletePolicy = immediate
agent.sources.s1.channels = c1
agent.sources.s1.interceptors = attach-schema
agent.sources.s1.interceptors.attach-schema = static
agent.sources.s1.interceptors.attach-schema.key = flume.avro.schema.url
agent.sources.s1.interceptors.attach-schema.value =
flle:/etc/flume-ng/schemas/avro.avsc

agent.channels.c1.type = memory
agent.channels.c1.capacity = 10000000
agent.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 1000

agent.sinks.s1.type = hdfs
agent.sinks.s1.hdfs.path = /flume/
agent.sinks.s1.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
agent.sinks.s1.channel = c1
agent.sinks.s1.hdfs.batchSize = 100
agent.sinks.s1.hdfs.serializer = org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.
AvroEventSerializer$Builder

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Sharninder <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you try using the spooldir source with an hdfs sink? What problems did
> you face?
>
> --
> Sharninder
>

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM, kishore alajangi <
> alajangikishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Flume Experts,
>>
>> Could anybody help me to store avro files located in my localfilesystem
>> into hdfs using flume, frequently new files will be generated so "spooldir"
>> work for it as source,
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Kishore.