Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Doug Balog <do...@dugos.com> on 2015/03/27 09:48:56 UTC

Support for Hive 0.14 in secure mode on hadoop 2.6.0

Hi,
  I'm just wondering if anybody is working on supporting Hive 0.14 in secure mode on hadoop 2.6.0 ?
I see once Jira referring to it  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5111
but it mentions no effort to move to 0.14.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: Support for Hive 0.14 in secure mode on hadoop 2.6.0

Posted by Zhan Zhang <zz...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Doug,

Spark-5111 is to make spark work with security hadoop cluster in 2.6. There is some compatibility issue which need the fix Spark-5111 patch.
In insecure cluster, current spark can connect to hive-0.14 without problems.

By the way, I am really glad to hear that "an adaption layer in Spark SQL in 1.4” and "allows Spark SQL to connect to arbitrary Hive version”

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

Posted by Doug Balog <do...@dugos.com>.

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.