Posted to community@apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/12/23 11:53:45 UTC

Plan of the future Newsletter

Hello folks,

I talked with Rob (Rob Oxspring) about the Apache Newsletter.
Rob seemed to have been very busy because of the job change.

I had felt it that The Apache Newsletter was one of my children.
... Really worried about the future of my child. Therefore,
for the time being, I do want to seize the initiative of the
publishin' of The Apache Newsletter.

--

Maybe (.. no, probably) I was very stubborn about the
Apache Newsletter issue.

Well, now I am thinking:

1. create newsletter@apache.org (for newsletter readers)
2. create newsletter-edit@apache.org
   (for newsletter editors/ contributors)
3. publish apache newsletter issue #3 at announce@apache.org
   (under 15k i guess) .. the final newsletter to be
   posted to announce@apache.org -- 25th Dec, 2003 or around
4. announce the existence of (1) and (2) at announce@apache.org
   "with" apache newsletter #3
5. publish "Apache Newsletter Year 2003"
   at newsletter@apache.org -- around 15th, January (I do hope)

I will request (1), (2) to apmail@ and infrastructure@
as soon as possible.
# If i had a karma for apmail, of course i will do it by myself ;-)

Plus, forgive me sending newsletter #3 to announce@apache.org.

Please understand it that this (#3) would be also *sample* newsletter
for the new comers. People won't come to new list (newsletter@apache)
if we will not show the *sample* letter ...

--

I *do* appreciate your understandings and cooperations.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3

Thanks,

-- Tetsuya. <te...@apache.org>

P.S. Really thanks >> Rob

Re: Plan of the future Newsletter

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:26:30 -0600
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The entire suggestion?  I was really surprised that you proposed spaming
> the announce list again with the full body of the newsletter, but the rest of
> your proposals seemed on target.

Yes, the entire suggestion. Withdrawal. Sorry.
(No committer can ask for the creation of a mailing list
without a community vote ... I have heard)

I'd come to lack my self-confidence in the contribution
to the foundation. Often my action had the opposite effect
to what was intended, it seems. Maybe it would be due to the
poorness of my eng*r*ish skill, however, i do not want it to
be excuse of that.

I do not want to hurt anyone and to be hurted, anymore.

it's over.

I would like to seek other methods to contribute to the foundation.
Rather, in more visible way. No disputes.
Anyways, i do not want to see the bad logic, which is obviously
sugar-coat of the exposures of ones' *bad* feelings, anymore.
Also, i suspect that the whole balance of the *community energy*
became negative -- which was positive when the the creation of
that first newsletter. People had been tired -- about newsletter.

Newsletter was really premature baby. Now I have to commit
infanticide, it seems. (I made this baby bad boy, not intentionally)

I wish you all a merry Christmas.

Thank you and sorry,

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: Plan of the future Newsletter

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 10:52 PM 12/23/2003, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I will take back my remarks upon this issue.
>
>Sorry for the annoyance.

What remarks?  What annoyance?  I'm confused because I see what
looks like the middle of some conversation that didn't appear on
community, perhaps?

The entire suggestion?  I was really surprised that you proposed spaming
the announce list again with the full body of the newsletter, but the rest of
your proposals seemed on target.

Of course the creation of a newsletter list didn't seem off target, nor did
announcing that list with an invitation to subscribe sent to announce@.

Please clarify, I'm confused, I'm expecting others are, as well?

>Thank you,
>
>I wish you a merry Christmas.

 And to you.

Bill

Re: Plan of the future Newsletter

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hello,

I will take back my remarks upon this issue.

Sorry for the annoyance.

Thank you,

I wish you a merry Christmas.

Sincerely,