Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch> on 2017/08/05 09:35:24 UTC

[text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

While exploring the API of org.apache.commons.text.similarity, it
crossed my mind if this could be expanded for a method for Damerau
Levenshtein distance?

I use a localised version, based strongly on the work of Sean Collins
and Joshua Drew:

http://blog.lolyco.com/sean/damerau-levenshtein/ (see also
https://samjlevy.com/mysql-levenshtein/)

An official intergration into commons text would be handy.

Thanks for considering!

Markus

Re: [text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

Posted by Amey Jadiye <am...@gmail.com>.
BTW we already have it queued https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-94

Let me see if its possible for me to change the code else will ask for help.

Regards,
Amey

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
Not a problem. Will do. :-)