Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <le...@bah.com> on 2014/06/03 22:27:04 UTC

RE: Re: ctakes 3.1.2 produces no medical annotations for me

Ok, so I went ahead and re-ran mmsys. Trying to use the previously-used mmsys kept getting me Null Pointer Exceptions, so I downloaded a fresh copy and used that. When running its run64.bat, I stuck to the defaults except for setting the UMLS destination directory (kept it separate from the one produced by mmsys before) and changing the subset selection to include SNOMED-CT.

When I compare the mmsys.log entries between the 2 runs, I see only the modest differences you would expect from the fact that they used different data sets (2014AA vs 2013AB).

When I run the new mmsys’ run64.bat and selected “browse subset”, the resulting tree browser list included “(SNOMEDCT_US) SNOMED CT Concept”. When I did the same for the old mmsys, I had to point it at the DB to get an index, and then I also see SNOMEDCT_US listed.

So that and the log diffs lead me to suspect lacking SNOMED CT is not my problem…

Help?