Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2017/05/03 00:52:15 UTC

Any ETA as to when rule updates will begin again?

Back on the 15th of March this was posted to the list:

"I posted this to the dev and ruleqa mailing lists, then realized that
it is
also relevant to people on this list who run rule updates.

We are in the process of migrating off old machines to a new one for
the
masschecks and rule update processing.

Unfortunately the required shutdown of the old machines has happened
before
everything was complete on the replacement.

The existing data is safe and is being migrated. However submission of
new
masscheck data and generation and download of rule updates are not
running
until the new machine is brought up.

I don't have a specific ETA for the new machine right now, just the
assurance
that the work is in progress.

I'll post more details when I get them.

Regards,

 Sidney Markowitz
 Chair, Apache SpamAssassin Project Management Committee"

Since it's now been a month and a half is there any ETA as to when rule
updates will begin again? I've been showing the same channel version
since 16 March as shown in the attached.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Any ETA as to when rule updates will begin again?

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 21:52 -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 5/2/2017 8:52 PM, Chris wrote:
> >
> > Since it's now been a month and a half is there any ETA as to when
> > rule
> > updates will begin again? I've been showing the same channel
> > version
> > since 16 March as shown in the attached.
> As a volunteer project, there is no ETA.  I can tell you my goal is
> get it running before ApacheCon in Miami in 2 weeks and perhaps to
> have
> a Hackathon during the Con to get it running if it isn't fixed
> beforehand.
>
> There is work going on to get it back online but there have been no
> substantial rule changes that it would be a silver bullet so there
> is
> very little concern that it is down at the moment beyond that fact
> that
> it makes building a release difficult without rewriting the release
> build process.  Which I've been doing anyway so we aren't dependent
> on
> that infrastructure anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> KAM

Thanks for the update Kevin, much appreciated.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11972; -97.90167 (Elev. 1092 ft)
20:54:43 up 1 day, 3:37, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.19, 0.22

Re: Any ETA as to when rule updates will begin again?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 5/2/2017 8:52 PM, Chris wrote:
> Since it's now been a month and a half is there any ETA as to when rule
> updates will begin again? I've been showing the same channel version
> since 16 March as shown in the attached.

As a volunteer project, there is no ETA.  I can tell you my goal is to