Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by St...@risk.sungard.com on 2002/02/14 21:39:16 UTC

tomcat 4.0.2 compiling client auth source ?

Hi
  I know in the tomcat 4.0.2 source code, the line in
SSLServerSocketFactory.java
for enabling the trustManagerFactory is commented
out this disabling the client authentication capability.

// Create the trust manager factory used for checking certificates
/*
trustManagerFactory = TrustManagerFactory.getInstance(algorithm);
trustManagerFactory.init(keyStore);
*/

Is this functionality definitely unusable at the moment ?
Is it possible to uncomment the lines and recompile with the
TrustManagerFactory to enable client authentication ?

Any anticipated timeline when 4.0 client authentication will be enabled.

Any info/direction would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to do
client authenication with tomcat standalone without having to go the
apache/tomcat router.

Many Thanks
Stephen
stephen_magennis@risk.sungard.com