Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Esteban Dugueperoux <du...@free.fr> on 2009/04/26 20:25:41 UTC

[maven-surefire-plugin] test in another project

Hi,

I have a EMF (http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/) project composed of
several sub-projects :
    - model project;
    - edit project;
    - tests project;

I manage these projects with maven and I would like to execute test from
tests project according to test phase. How to specify to surefire maven
plugin to execute tests from tests project to test code from model project?

Thanks.

Re: [maven-surefire-plugin] test in another project

Posted by Grant Rettke <gr...@acm.org>.
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Esteban Dugueperoux
<du...@free.fr> wrote:
> It is difficult to manage tests in a separate maven project with surefire?

My understanding is that it is not difficult.

You simply add dependencies in your test project POM and you are set.

Re: [maven-surefire-plugin] test in another project

Posted by Esteban Dugueperoux <du...@free.fr>.
Hi Grant,

I want have tests project apart because EMF generate tests project
always in a aside eclipse project.
I develop some eclipse plugins and want manage continuous integration
with maven, but tricky work is that build metamodel defined by eclipse
is very different to maven build metamodel (pom.xml),
Eclipse build metamodel (based on ant) is very difficult to manage with
continuous integration. Currently I managed build with pde-maven-plugin
and continuous integration with hudson, now it miss tests execution.

Posted by Grant Rettke <gr...@acm.org>.

http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/