Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Hart, James W." <jw...@seic.com> on 2019/05/01 13:42:01 UTC

file moveFailed not working for me.

I have a camel route that polls for files, and processes the files, and have set "move" and "moveFailed" so that on success or failure the files should move to their respective directories.  But no matter what all of my files go to the move directory, even though in my route I process a bad file and an exception is thrown during the route.

Either way when a good file or a bad file is processed, both are moved to the move directory.

Here is the string for my from on my route:
	file:///dataupload/boximetadata/csv?charset=iso-8859-1&include=.*.csv&initialDelay=0&maxMessagesPerPoll=1&move=..%5C..%5Cboximetadataarchive%5Ccsv&moveFailed=.error

The exception is this from beanio:
	org.beanio.InvalidRecordException: Invalid 'rowdata' record at line 2

Am I misunderstanding this, or do I need to do different exception handling?  Does anybody have any ideas on why all files end up in the move directory?

RE: file moveFailed not working for me.

Posted by "Hart, James W." <jw...@seic.com>.
I simplified it down to a very simple case, and then it does move the file to the .error directory, so it appears that my route is getting in the way.

I will simplify my architecture and see if I can get it working, thanks for the help!

Posted by "Hart, James W." <jw...@seic.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Trilok Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.
I think you should set fault to true when there is an exception.