Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael <mt...@optonline.net> on 2009/03/12 16:37:44 UTC

Problem with Axis2 Code Generator - Java2WSDL

Not long ago I posted that I was was having a problem generating a WSDL file from my Java code using the Axis2 Code Generator.

An answer was provided which seemed very promising.  The answer that was given is provided below:

This is a known bug.  Here is the solution with explanation:

http://blogiterox.wordpress.com/2008/10/24/exploring-apache-axis2-and-eclipse-plug-in-development/

Solution: Copy the jar for stax and for backport to the plug-in directory (<Eclipse>\plug-ins\<Axis2 code generator>\lib) and then add the backport jar to the plugin.xml file.

I went to the link provided and followed the directions provided there (these are summarized in the solution given above) and tried to generate a WSDL file from my code.

I encountered the exact same problem.  A description of that problem is provided below:

When I launch the Axis2 Code Generator (v1.3.0) Wizard, enter the fully qualified class name and the location of the class file and then select the button to test loading the class I keep getting a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.

Can anyone provide any additional help?

Thanks
Mike

Re: Problem with Axis2 Code Generator - Java2WSDL

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@wso2.com>.
Hi Micheal,

If what you are looking for is eclipse java2wsdl tool, WSO2 provides
some SOA tools at [1] of which you can download and install or use the
update site[2] to install. The SOA tools provided are a bit dependant on
WSAS 3.0 though. But the effort might be worth since it includes many
other very useful web service related tools for you to use. All based on
axis2.

Regards,
Saminda.

[1] http://wso2.org/downloads/tools/eclipse