Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nilesh Shah <nm...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/06 22:56:09 UTC

problem with ejbjar including base class also in the jar file

I have following EJB classes -

Company.java - the remote interface
CompanyHome.java - the home interface
CompanyBean.java - the implementation class

now, the CompanyBean.java extends BeanBase.java

When I run ejbjar task with ant, it builds the jar fine, but it also
adds BeanBase.class to the jar file. I have a problem with that because
that class is part of another base jar file and I don't want to have
multiple copies of the class in multiple jar files. Is there something I
can do for ant to avoid putting the super class in the jar file?

thanks in advance
Nilesh
p.s: I'm using ant 1.3 with  ejbjar task with weblogic 5.1

Re: problem with ejbjar including base class also in the jar file

Posted by Nilesh Shah <nm...@yahoo.com>.
Conor,

It would be great if adding super classes and interfaces is optional.
That would help me to maintain compatibility with our old ejb-jar
structures and still be able to convince my colleagues to migrate
to ant from gnu make system.

In the meantime, I'll try using the workaround you suggested.

Thanks
Nilesh

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.