Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Lamborne <pe...@maniatv.com> on 2006/05/10 23:12:01 UTC

Tomcat Standalone: Traffic Reporting?

Hi, I am running several websites/webapps on a single Tomcat instance
and can't find a product that would generate traffic reporting.  I am
open to any sort of method for achieving this -- ie some sort of monitor
filter that runs as a seperate webapp, or something that looks at
network traffic from the OS.  The former would be far more desireable
due to local encapsulation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

RE: Tomcat Standalone: Traffic Reporting?

Posted by "John C. Dale" <jc...@downinthedesert.com>.
I've had good luck with this...

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

JCD

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
The tomcat manager itself provides some information.  I've even got scripts
working with MRTG that make use of it (it being available at
http://localhost:8080/manager/status?XML=true.)  I will send them to you if
you are interested.

Note that this is connector-level information, not application-specific.

You can also easily accomplish this with filters.  I have some of those that
do similar stuff as well.  This really only works if you can modify the
applications to include the filter(s).

Tim