Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Beat Strasser <be...@inventage.com> on 2009/10/07 17:49:55 UTC

Fetching the latest snapshot version without maven

Hi

My task is to fetch the latest snapshot version of a maven artifact. How
can I do this without having to parse the maven-metadata.xml and
figuring out what the latest timestamp is?

We used to deploy snapshot artifacts with a unique identifier, so the
artifacts URL was fix and I could fetch the snapshot with a simple HTTP
GET command: group/artifact/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/artifact-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
An easy and simple solution: I liked this!

However this solution does not work anymore in maven 3 (we're using
tycho-distribution-3065 to deploy artifacts). As I've understood the
developers correctly, the uniqueVersion parameter is/will be deprecated:

http://www.nabble.com/dropping-non-unique-snapshots-in-Maven-3-td25295809.html

Does Nexus provide a fix URL for an artifacts' latest snapshot version?

Is there a simple mvn command to fetch the latest snapshot version
(without having to define a pom.xml and use dependency:copy hacks)?

Does Ivy support the maven repository layout/logic?

Thanks for your help,
--
Beat Strasser

Re: Fetching the latest snapshot version without maven

Posted by Jeff Johnston <mr...@gmail.com>.
Nexus has a REST API that could help

http://www.sonatype.com/people/2008/11/searching-with-the-sonatype-nexus-rest-api-groovy/