Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2008/11/10 17:16:26 UTC

Assembly deployment?

Hi folks,

I have an assembly (a zip file containing my artifact and a few other
files) that I generate on the "packaging" phase as part of a 'release'
profile.  I'd like to be able to deploy that zip file to my company
repository.  I'm sure this has to be easier than I'm making it, but I
can't quite seem to get a handle on how to make this happen.  I think I
want to add the maven-deploy-plugin to my profile and bind it to the
'deploy' phase, but will that interfere or override the deployment of
the artifact that the pom knows about?  My profile xml is posted below.
Of course, if there's just a better way to go about doing this, I'm all
ears.  (I'd like to avoid splitting the zip file into a separate module,
though, if I can help it.)

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Dave

Here's what I've got ATM:

        <profile>
            <id>release</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>

                        <configuration>
                            <descriptor>assembly.xml</descriptor>
                        </configuration>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <id>make-assembly</id>
                                <phase>package</phase>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>assembly</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                    </plugin>
                    <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
                              <repositoryId>releases</repositoryId>

<file>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}.zip</file>
                              <packaging>zip</packaging>
                              <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
                              <artifactId>${project.artifactId}</artifactId>
                              <version>${project.version}</version>
                        </configuration>
                        <executions>
                              <execution>