Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Derek Matocha <dm...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/12/07 23:33:55 UTC

Problem using Ant 1.4.1 on EBCDIC System

Hello,

I am running a shell script which compiles a bunch of java files then puts
them in a JAR file via Ant 1.4.1.  I was told to contact you by Shane
Curcuru who is the writer of the shell script.  Here is my output when
specifying the -debug -verbose options:

(See attached file: build.out)

It seems like the jarring process is failing.  Any ideas?

BTW, I'm running this Ant on an EBCDIC system.  Let me know if you need any
more information.  Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Derek Matocha
International Business Machines Corporation
XML/XALAN, Language Environment, C/C++ RTL Development
z/OS
Work Number:  (845) 435 - 1706
e-mail:  dmatocha@us.ibm.com

Re: Problem using Ant 1.4.1 on EBCDIC System

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Derek Matocha <dm...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> It seems like the jarring process is failing.  Any ideas?

It is loading Ant's default manifest, using EBCDIC instead of ASCII,
at least I think that's the problem.  Could you please try with
tomorrow's (2001-12-12) nightly build and see whether it works for
you?

Thanks

        Stefan