Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/09/26 22:16:49 UTC

Re: Should we take care of Java 9 in Ignite 2.0 scope?

Eventually now it’s time to put all the doubts aside on when Ignite should support JDK 9. The JDK is production ready and was released not long time ago.

Is there anyone interested to enable JDK 9 for Ignite?

—
Denis

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
I'll personally would also greatly appreciate if ignite-core is build using
(source and target) version of JDK 8.

All contributors will be able to write code shorter and more  expressively
using code Java 8.

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes, have a minimum set at Java 8 (ML contributors would greatly appreciate
that...).

--
Nikita Ivanov

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.