Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Satish_Gunda <Sa...@satyam.com> on 2002/02/18 05:57:41 UTC

RE: Embedding fonts - works from command line FOP but not in Coco on 2

The user config file is getting loaded (seen this in the log file). But for
some reason, the font is not getting embedded.

I have a question on the way fonts are treated in FOP. Other pdf generators
allow us to specify whether fonts need to be embedded or referenced in the
pdf file. If referenced, the font file should be available to Acrobat Reader
on the rendering machine. If embedded, the font file will be part of the pdf
file. Is this possible with FOP?  If this is possible, my requirement will
be met.

Thanks,
Satish

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
> The user config file is getting loaded (seen this in the log file). But for
> some reason, the font is not getting embedded.
>
> I have a question on the way fonts are treated in FOP. Other pdf generators
> allow us to specify whether fonts need to be embedded or referenced in the
> pdf file. If referenced, the font file should be available to Acrobat Reader
> on the rendering machine. If embedded, the font file will be part of the pdf
> file. Is this possible with FOP?  If this is possible, my requirement will
> be met.

Well, in that case you just have to remove the "embed-file" attribute of
the font entry in user-config.xml. That's it.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 41 317 20 20 - Fax +41 41 317 20 29
Internet http://www.outline.ch