Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Dürig <mi...@day.com> on 2009/12/14 11:15:35 UTC

Re: Exception thrown during nodetype registration via jcr2spi plus spi2dav (Jackrabbit 2.0-beta3)

Gerald,

Guo Zhenhua wrote:
> I am using jcr2spi plus spi2dav at client side to access remote jcr repository.
> However, when I tried to register new node types, I got following exception:
>
> SEVERE: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JCR-2003.
> Implementation missing
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JCR-2003. Implementation missing

Node type management is not supported by spi2dav/spi2davex (yet). A
patch would be welcome though ;-)

> The reason may be
> 1) spi2dav does not cover node type registration request
>    If so, I must use RMI to access remote repository?
AFAIK RMI doesn't work either at this stage. Jukka might know more here.

Michael

Posted by Guo Zhenhua <je...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Michael Dürig <mi...@day.com> wrote:

> Gerald,
>
> Guo Zhenhua wrote:
>>
>> I am using jcr2spi plus spi2dav at client side to access remote jcr
>> repository.
>> However, when I tried to register new node types, I got following
>> exception:
>>
>> SEVERE: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JCR-2003.
>> Implementation missing
>> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JCR-2003. Implementation missing
>
> Node type management is not supported by spi2dav/spi2davex (yet). A patch
> would be welcome though ;-)
>
>> The reason may be
>> 1) spi2dav does not cover node type registration request
>>   If so, I must use RMI to access remote repository?
>
> AFAIK RMI doesn't work either at this stage. Jukka might know more here.
>
> Michael
>
>> 2) at service side, node registration is not supported (it's not
>> optional in JCR 2.0 spec)
>>
>> I think the cause of the problem is the first reason I mentioned.
>> Any suggestions?
>>

>> Gerald

Thanks.

So to use the feature - node registration, I must put my code and
Jackrabbit into the same webapp. Is that right? There is no other way
to remote node registration requests?

Gerald