Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mike Seda <ma...@unc.edu> on 2007/02/20 07:24:47 UTC

Apache::PerlVINC

Hi All,
I just can't seem to get Apache::PerlVINC working properly. My specs are
below:

RHEL 4
Apache 1.3.37
mod_ssl 2.8.28
Apache::DBI -- 1.05
Apache::PerlVINC -- 0.03
CGI -- 2.752
DBD::Oracle -- 1.19
DBI -- 1.53
Digest::MD5 -- 2.36
Perl -- 5.6.2
mod_perl -- 1.29

I have two vhosts. One production and one development. There are four
perl modules that my apps need. There are two versions (prod and dev)
for each perl module. Of course, I wish the prod vhost to use the prod
version perl modules.. You get the idea... Is there something special
that I need to do? I noticed that some people on the web stated that
"PerlVersionINC On" is required:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200007.mbox/%3CPine.LNX.4.21.0007311515480.6480-100000@localhost.localdomain%3E
... Yet this is missing from the docs:
http://www.annocpan.org/~DAVEM/Apache-PerlVINC-0.03/PerlVINC.pm
Also, "PerlVersionINC" does not seem to be available since I get a nice
error stating that PerlVersionINC is missing when trying to start Apache
while that directive is defined. Any thoughts?
Best,
Mike