Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> on 2011/11/21 11:13:42 UTC

[windows] native build of benoitc's erica tool

Hi everybody,

I've been building benoitc's awesome erica[1] couchapp tool, which is
written in erlang and some C from CouchDB, into a native windows
version[2].

TL;DR:
It would be great if some of you can test it, in particular

- whether it works on your windows box *without* needing the provided
EJSON.DLL or not
- if you get any SxS or VC runtime errors
- where the ~/.erica/templates files end up on your system
- what version of erlang you have installed

You'll need to have couchdb\bin in your path so that the
erlang/escript/openssl is available, from one of my builds[3].

More info:

The objective is to have a single file which can be bundled into the
CouchDB binaries that I roll so that there is a consistent couchdb
access tool available on all platforms, more or less out of the box.
Hopefully having one that is developed in erlang will allow both
closer alignment with CouchDB itself and encourage more people to
contribute!

The modified erica build relies on some changes to rebar, and some
ugly code [4] which I hope to fix soon before pushing a patch back. If
you have SDK 7.0, msys git, and Erlang R14B02/3/4 installed should be
possible to build this yourself, after building rebar [5].

For all the nodesters out there, with native windows node.js now
available I will be looking at whether some of those couchapp oriented
tools can be ported too. If you're interested in helping with this
please let me know offlist!

[1]: https://github.com/benoitc/erica/
[2]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq0bd9w7ufb0a3b/CouchDB/erica/
[3]: https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads
[4]: https://github.com/dch/erica/commit/172d75a3a67e6d107174ce1db6541ec8c35bbf36
[5]: https://github.com/dch/rebar/commit/448805f0383279534877942c27afdbfb6e427885

Thanks
Dave

Re: [windows] native build of benoitc's erica tool

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been building benoitc's awesome erica[1] couchapp tool, which is
> written in erlang and some C from CouchDB, into a native windows
> version[2].
>
> TL;DR:
> It would be great if some of you can test it, in particular
>
> - whether it works on your windows box *without* needing the provided
> EJSON.DLL or not
> - if you get any SxS or VC runtime errors
> - where the ~/.erica/templates files end up on your system
> - what version of erlang you have installed
>
> You'll need to have couchdb\bin in your path so that the
> erlang/escript/openssl is available, from one of my builds[3].
>
> More info:
>
> The objective is to have a single file which can be bundled into the
> CouchDB binaries that I roll so that there is a consistent couchdb
> access tool available on all platforms, more or less out of the box.
> Hopefully having one that is developed in erlang will allow both
> closer alignment with CouchDB itself and encourage more people to
> contribute!
>
> The modified erica build relies on some changes to rebar, and some
> ugly code [4] which I hope to fix soon before pushing a patch back. If
> you have SDK 7.0, msys git, and Erlang R14B02/3/4 installed should be
> possible to build this yourself, after building rebar [5].
>
> For all the nodesters out there, with native windows node.js now
> available I will be looking at whether some of those couchapp oriented
> tools can be ported too. If you're interested in helping with this
> please let me know offlist!
>
> [1]: https://github.com/benoitc/erica/
> [2]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq0bd9w7ufb0a3b/CouchDB/erica/
> [3]: https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads
> [4]:
> https://github.com/dch/erica/commit/172d75a3a67e6d107174ce1db6541ec8c35bbf36
> [5]:
> https://github.com/dch/rebar/commit/448805f0383279534877942c27afdbfb6e427885
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Cool,

I need to create a new vm but I will test this week. I can help on the
rebar patch too if needed.

- benoƮt

Re: [windows] native build of benoitc's erica tool

Posted by judywawira <ju...@gmail.com>.
hello

I need help installing erica on windows, on clicking the drop box file it
does not get saved.

Thanks