Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2011/04/28 22:09:12 UTC

Add FB comments to tail of all pages in our hbase website book?

Why I was a mysql'r, often the vitals were in the comments section of
the mysql manual rather than in the body of the doc itself; someone
had tried what was suggested in the main body of the page, found an
issue and then had left their improvement for those that came after
(On subsequent revisions, I'd imagine the comments fixup made it up
into the main documentation).

I liked this facility.

Shall we attempt a poor man's version by adding fb comments [1] to the
tail of all of our hbase website book pages?

If folks this an ok idea, I'll try hack it into the docbook html gen.

St.Ack

1. http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/

Re: Add FB comments to tail of all pages in our hbase website book?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
There is an admin function.  A few of us can do admin'ing.  We can
take in the comments and then admin them or be email'd before they go
up.  I think the latter is probably setting is probably better for
keeping spammers away.

St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.
+1!

Yeah, I've also found the mysql doc comments very useful.  I think this
would be great to add to our book.

If you need a hand hacking it up let me know.  I did some FB app stuff in
the past.

--gh