Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alex33 <sp...@mail.ru> on 2018/01/18 08:55:27 UTC

Logic of work Ignite cache

Hello all. Sorry, perhaps, for newbie question.Can you consult me about logic
of work Ignite. We use some app. It send some searchkey to Ignite and get
search results. We use Ignite 2.0. So we have scheme App <->Ignite
<->Persistanse cache via MySQL for Ignite <-> some data providers. Am I
right that, when Ignite get some searchkey, it at first will search data in
it's cache in RAM, if not found, will search in Persistence cache, if not
found, will send request to data providers, get some results, cached them in
RAM and in MySQL. Or Persistence cache is used only for storing search
results, not during search proccess in cache, and is used only , if node is
restart, to get "warm" node?

Thanks a lot

Re: Logic of work Ignite cache

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

> So, as I understand, if Ignite don't find data in cache (hot cache, RAM)
, then it tried to find it in persistent cache? Am I right?
Yes, it can work this way. If you enable native persistence, then it will
work this way out-of-the-box.
If you choose to use 3rd party persistence, then, you will have to enable
read-through mode.

Denis

Posted by Alex33 <sp...@mail.ru>.
Denis Mekhanikov wrote

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex!

There are a few ways, how you can introduce persistent data layer. First of
which is native persistence:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store
It will store data on disk, and guarantee, that it will be available after
nodes are restarted. Also it implies, that you can store more data in
Ignite, than available RAM.
The most hot data will be kept in memory. If something is missing, then it
will be loaded from disk.

Another option is to use 3rd party database, like MySQL, that you
mentioned. Here is documentation on this feature:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store
You can configure read-through and write-through for it, or just preload
all needed data on start. You can read about it in the documentation.

I'm not sure, what you mean by "some data providers". In general, these two
options, described above, are enough for most use-cases.

Denis