Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will Parkinson <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 15:49:03 UTC

mod_jk Could not find a worker error

Hi All

I have installed tomcat5.5 with apache2.2 on a debian box following the
guide at http://www.howtoforge.com/apache2_tomcat5_mod_jk

I have followed this guide relatively strictly, the only things i have
changed are the jdk version used (JDK 6 update 2) and the mod_jk
installation method (i used apt-get install libapache-mod-jk)

However when i try to test the installation i get a 500 internal server
error.

There is this line in the mod_jk.log

[Thu Aug 23 21:53:56 2007] [6726:42688] [info]  jk_handler::mod_jk.c (1986):
Could not find a worker for worker name=ajp13

And another thing i have noticed is that when i enter "which java" on the
command line, nothing is returned (it should be my java path /usr/lib/jdk
apparently. javac doesnt work either)

Just wondering if anybody knows what could be wrong with the installation?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Will

Re: mod_jk Could not find a worker error

Posted by Ben Stringer <be...@burbong.com>.
Hi Will,

Can you post the contents of your workers.properties file? It could be a
problem with the naming of the worker set up in this file.

Cheers, Ben