Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Olivier Brand <ol...@intraware.com> on 2001/02/14 19:42:11 UTC

Passing XML through Message

When looking at the SOAP API, there might be 2 ways to pass XML through
a SOAP message:

- Use the unmarshal method from the Enveloppe object.
- Add an XML element in the Body using setBodyEntries.

Are both methods the same ?

In the case of the unmarshal, how do you marshal back to an element on
the server side ? The marshal method from the Enveloppe object is not
really documented and the messaging sample doesn't deal with it either.

Could we pass the XML as a string instead of an Element object ? I have
seen a lot of people having issues with this.

Olivier