Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Carlos Alonso <ca...@cabify.com> on 2017/06/19 12:17:10 UTC

Error 500 when creating db without quorum

Hi guys,

I've just seen the following scenario and I'd like to have your input on it.

Running a CouchDB 2.0.0 cluster of 4 nodes, 2 of them being down, if I try
to create a new database I get an error 500 from the server but
unexpectedly, the database is created!! Also, depending on the configured
replicas, the nodes down may even get a replica. Should I file a GH issue
for further investigation on this?

Regards
--
[image: Cabify - Your private Driver] <http://www.cabify.com/>

*Carlos Alonso*
Data Engineer
Madrid, Spain

carlos.alonso@cabify.com

Prueba gratis con este código
#CARLOSA6319 <https://cabify.com/i/carlosa6319>
[image: Facebook] <http://cbify.com/fb_ES>[image: Twitter]
<http://cbify.com/tw_ES>[image: Instagram] <http://cbify.com/in_ES>[image:
Linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrcalonso>

--
Este mensaje y cualquier archivo adjunto va dirigido exclusivamente a su
destinatario, pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto

This message and any attached file are intended exclusively for the
addressee, and it may be confidential. You are not allowed to copy or
disclose it without Cabify's prior written authorization. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify us by
e-mail.

Re: Error 500 when creating db without quorum

Posted by Carlos Alonso <ca...@cabify.com>.
Yeah, sorry if I didn't explained myself properly, I was suggesting filing
the GH issue because the error 500 doesn't feel accurate to what it
actually happened. A 202 I guess would be more appropriated. I've created
this issue for it: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/603. Feel free
to change/comment anything about it.

Many thanks for your help everyone.

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.