Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2020/01/16 16:52:38 UTC

Apache NetBeans 11.3 merge window closing January 19th

Hi folks,

According to the Release Schedule it's just a reminder that the merge window
for Apache NetBeans 11.3 will close on 19.01.2020 (should have been
15.01.2020)

 See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule

After the merge window closes, merges to master will be limited to fixes
intended for the 11.3 release, and should be made in accordance with the bug
priority guidelines - see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Bug+Priority+Guidelines
Please help review and merge any remaining pull requests that are intended
for 11.3 before that date.  However, if a pull request is not quite ready
for merging but should be considered, mark with NB 11.3 (milestone or label)
and we'll review in the first few days after freeze.

All other contributions should be held back until the merge window for 12.0
opens, some time after the release of 11.3.
A first beta of 11.3 should be available next week some time.

Best Regards

Eric "skygo"
(Lvl 1) Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.3

Re: Apache NetBeans 11.3 merge window closing January 19th

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 09:42, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> What is the best practice on creating a branch on git ? On the github UI ?

I generally used GitHub UI, both for branching and then syncing PRs
between master and release branch.  Up to you if you want to do same.
But found PRs for sync really helpful as it automatically runs Travis
and provides a link to all changes from one beta to next.

Best wishes,

Neil

RE: Apache NetBeans 11.3 merge window closing January 19th

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Well I'm about to close the merge windows.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
Is the plugin catalog from the new plugin portal going to be included as
an update center in the 11.3 release? It's my understanding that this
decision is up to the Release Coordinator.

I would like to encourage this inclusion. There are problems with the
old portal, and I'd like to move forward rather than pushing for fixes
in the old infrastructure.

-ernie