Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org> on 2018/12/20 03:24:38 UTC

Donate dubbo-registry-nacos

Hi, community,

I'd like to donate dubbo-registry-nacos into dubbo and may rename to
*incubator-dubbo-registry-**nacos*, and the source code is
https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-registry-nacos.

Therefore I am calling a vote:

[ ] +1 Accept the dubbo-registry-nacos into Dubbo
[ ] -1 Do not accept the dubbo-registry-nacos into Dubbo

Kind regards,
Mercy Ma

Re: Donate dubbo-registry-nacos

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1 to include its impl directly into Apache Dubbo repo from the respective
of easy-maintenance.

If a side project is an Dubbo's extension, it is easy to maintain it to
keep it in Dubbo group when it is immature, but once it's mature enough
(not to hurt the main project), we should move it into Apache Dubbo repo,
instead of moving it Apache group as a separated project since it is easier
to maintain it.

Thanks,
-Ian.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 5:47 PM Mercy <me...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I'd like to take the dubbo-registry-nacos as a registry
> implementation and put the source code into dubbo branch 2.6.6+, what's
> your opinion?

Do you mean put it into the core repository[1]?
We used to put these modules into different repositories.
But I think this leads to a problem that if more and more repositories
come in, it will be difficult to manage the releases.

This make me think that putting all the modules into the core repository.
The advantages are:
1.  easy to manage the release of the modules like dubbo-registry-nacos
2.  concentrate the users and contributors into one repository, it is
easy to track and identify the contributors
The disadvantage will be the all-in-one jar will be very large.

I think I prefer the first one: put dubbo-registry-nacos into core repository.

How do others think?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Donate dubbo-registry-nacos

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Donate dubbo-registry-nacos

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Donate dubbo-registry-nacos

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1 Accept the dubbo-registry-nacos into Apache Dubbo

--
Best Regards!
Huxing