Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Charlie Williams <cw...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/06 23:47:13 UTC

mod_jk seems to be giving up with no errors

I have a server setup with Apache 2.0.55 and Tomcat 5.0.28

I am trying to use mod_jk 1.2.14 to communicate between the two

in my httpd.conf file I have the virtual host file setup as follows

<virtualhost *:80>
servername www.blah.com
jkmount /server1/* worker1
</virtualhost>
for each server

then in my workers.properties file

worker.list=worker1, worker2, worker3
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8001

with different ports for each worker

then in my server.xml file in the tomcat conf I have
<connector port="8001"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />

this all works fine until i start/stop tomcat and apache a few times, then
suddenly tomcat stops getting forwarded requests. the mod_jk log has no
errors in it, and tomcats catalina.out file is completely empty ( assuming I
clear all logs after each restart ).

I noticed that it seems to happen more often when I am restarting apache but
nothing else.

I used httpd -k stop to stop apache
shutdown.sh to stop tomcat instances

Is there a known bug? Something I am doing that could be causing a
persistent problem? The only way I have to fix the problem is to reboot the
computer. Any help is much appreciated.

-Charlie

Re: mod_jk seems to be giving up with no errors

Posted by Charlie Williams <cw...@gmail.com>.
Rainer,

Thanks for the reply! I am on Linux enterprise version 4.4. I will give the
timeouts + upgrading a try. If I am still having problems I'll reply again.

-Charlie

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Charlie,