Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "epayne@apache.org" <ep...@apache.org> on 2020/08/03 19:12:42 UTC

2.x client accessing 3.x HDFS and vice versa

Hello,

We are investigating upgrading to 3.x, but we are very concerned about the differences in the HDFS features, interfaces, etc. between 2.10 and 3.3+. Our requirements are to not have any cluster downtime and to allow 2.10 HDFS clients to communicate with 3.x clusters and 3.x HDFS clients to communicate with 2.10 clusters.

Have you encountered these use cases with your users and customers and, if so, how have they addressed the issues?

Thank you,
-Eric Payne

Re: Re: 2.x client accessing 3.x HDFS and vice versa

Posted by "Craig.Condit" <Cr...@target.com>.
We aren't using encryption zones. The only 3.x-specific features we've enabled are storage tiering and >2 namenodes (we run 3).