Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by vishwaroopa chary <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/26 23:24:17 UTC

contribution?

Hi,
  Sorry if this is not the right place to raise this
question!
  I would be interested to contribute (as a developer)
 to Apache Shale development project. Can someone
please let me know the process to contribute/involve
for the same?

Thanks,
Chary

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: contribution?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/06, vishwaroopa chary <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Sorry if this is not the right place to raise this
> question!
>   I would be interested to contribute (as a developer)
>  to Apache Shale development project. Can someone
> please let me know the process to contribute/involve
> for the same?

You're in the right place. :)  Well, almost-- the first thing to do is
subscribe to the mailing lists so that your posts will not have to be
allowed through by a moderator.  You can find information here:
http://shale.apache.org/mail-lists.html

There's no set process for getting involved, it really depends on what
you want to do.  It could be asking and answering questions on the
user list, writing documentation, proposing new features or discussing
changes, fixing bugs... since this is volunteer work, you get to
choose.  What part of Shale are you interested in?

You can also read the development pages on the Apache website-- the
'How It Works' page is a good place to start:
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Welcome!

--
Wendy