Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io> on 2017/05/01 22:55:06 UTC

[VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Hello MADlib community,

We have created a MADlib 1.11 RC-1, with the artifacts below up for a vote.

This will be the 5th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).

The main goals of this release are:
* new module (PageRank for graph analytics with grouping support included)
* improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to Single Source
Shortest Path, reduce memory footprint of DT and RF, include NULL features
in training DT, add support for array and svec output for Pivot module,
utility to unnest 2-D arrays into rows of 1-D arrays)
* platform updates (GPDB 5)
* updates for Apache Top Level Project readiness and build process on
Apache infrastructure
* bug fixes
* doc improvements

For more information including release notes, please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.11

*** Please download, review and vote by Thu May 04, 2017 @ 6pm PDT ***

We're voting upon the source (tag):  rc/1.11-rc1
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.11-rc1

Source Files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc1/

Commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/0ff829a7060d08f284e8468ebf35c31b6e231d58

KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS

To help in tallying the vote, PMC members please be sure to indicate
"(binding)" with the vote.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Regards,
Rashmi Raghu

--
Rashmi Raghu, Ph.D.
Pivotal Data Science

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Ed for pointing out your observations on RC-1.

Let us then cancel the RC-1 release and try again with RC-2. We will send
out another email with a request for voting on RC-2.

Thanks again,
Rashmi

--
Rashmi Raghu, Ph.D.
Pivotal Data Science

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Frank,

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ed,

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io>.

--
Rashmi Raghu, Ph.D.
Pivotal Data Science

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ed,

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Xiaocheng Tang <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Xiaocheng
________________________________

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Xiaocheng Tang <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Xiaocheng
________________________________

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Daisy Zhe Wang <da...@ufl.edu>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Daisy Zhe Wang <da...@ufl.edu>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Joe Hellerstein <he...@berkeley.edu>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ivan Novick <in...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ivan Novick <in...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by ChenLiang Wang <hi...@msn.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Woo Jae Jung <wj...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Woo Jae Jung <wj...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Jarrod Vawdrey <jv...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Jarrod Vawdrey <jv...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Rahul Iyer <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Requesting a point of vote clarification:

Caveat: I am relatively new to the Apache HAWQ incubating project and my
level of experience with general Apache processes (incubating or otherwise)
is limited. Thus, my point of clarification and follow up question may be
misguided. I apologize if this is the case.

The "[VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1" email indicates: "We're voting upon the
source (tag):  rc/1.11-rc1".  I have been wondering when the initial binary
release would be coming up for vote. Especially, in light of the use of
Apache Infrastructure for build processes note. As I was reviewing the
source tarball in on the Apache dist server (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc1/),
I noticed along with the source tarballs (and supporting pgp signature and
hashes) there are also what looks like binary files
(and supporting pgp signature and hashes). Previous votes only included
source tarballs on the dist server. So the point of clarification I'm
seeking, are the binaries also up for vote?

Additionally, the Apache HAWQ incubating project is undergoing our first
release that is including convenience binaries. This initial vote is
explicitly calling out the source and convenience binaries being voted on.
I haven't seen a reference to binaries being part of any previous Apache
MADlib vote process. I happened to look at the previous 1.10.0 release
directory on the Apache dist server (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/madlib/1.10.0-incubating/)
and was surprised to find binary files as well (this also applies to 1.9 &
1.9.1). Shouldn't the binary files have been voted on by the community
before being added to the release area on the dist server?

-=e
--
*Ed Espino*

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc1