Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Nate Rosenblum <no...@github.com> on 2015/08/20 23:22:38 UTC

Re: [jclouds] Always return ETag in filesystem object store get response (#850)

> Can you change this to always provide an ETag for consistency with real blobstores? Currently we return the ETag if the putBlob request included Content-MD5 or generate it if the filesystem does not support UserDefinedFileAttributeView (Mac OS X, NFS mounts). We can either remove the property and unconditionally provide ETag or keep the property and use it on the non-UserDefinedFileAttributeView code path.

I'll happily remove the option. The current behavior is slightly different than you describe: the filesystem object store always computes the actual MD5 hash on puts when it writes the extended attribute. In further regrettable news, `getUserDefinedFileAttributeView` returns non-null on OSX, even though user extended attribute views are not actually supported by the JVM on that platform.

Will remove the property and the conditional block.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/850#issuecomment-133180146