Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by coder5436uk <sl...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/02 10:55:09 UTC

Re: Tomcat adding files

my web xml:
	<jsp-config>
		<jsp-property-group>
			<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
			<include-prelude>/WEB-INF/headers/v2header.jsp</include-prelude>
		</jsp-property-group>
	</jsp-config>

file does exist in location

I get

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(1,1) The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar
files deployed with this application

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:88)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.processIncludeDirective(Parser.java:334)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.addInclude(Parser.java:385)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:130)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:216)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:103)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:167)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:306)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

I have been able to get it NOT to break the code but it seems to ignore the
file I want to include

Re: Tomcat adding files

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
2 problems
1) If you have *.jsp - don't make the include file a file that ends with
jsp. Use jspf as your include extension.
2) Try access the include file all by itself. Sounds like a simple
compile issue.

-Tim

Re: Tomcat adding files

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.
looks like the can't be included..
try zeroing the file
of set the content to "this is the header file"
or move the file to the root directory and try to access the file
directly to see what kind of error you are dealing with
i mean move the file so that
you can view the header using http://server:port/appname/v2header.jsp

Re: Tomcat adding files

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Oh, it normally just a silly thing, like its picking up a relative link, not
an absolute ref
try... <%@ include file="/thething.jsp" %>

Also  half the problem is you only picking up the hassle at run time...
In Netbeans if you right click "on the JSP file and compile it", you will
see the problem immediately.... its because JSP are only compiled at run
time.