Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Guido Deinhammer <gu...@dynatrace.com> on 2010/12/22 17:31:24 UTC

Add dynaTrace ant task to the list of external Plugins

Hi,

I would like to add the dynaTrace ant task to the list of external tool and tasks. I have attached the patch file for the external.xml file

Thanks,

Guido

Re: Add dynaTrace ant task to the list of external Plugins

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Guido,

the change is committed in svn and will be visible on the web site soon.
Regards,

Antoine

Posted by Guido Deinhammer <gu...@dynatrace.com>.
Ok - I understand that.
Below is the modified version - I still changed the text a bit since the terms "Application Performance Management" and "transactional performance data" are not commonly understood.
I also changed the link - now it is a redirect and we will change to a public place as soon as we can move this page to a public space.

Let me know if you have any concerns with that one. I appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

Guido

New version:
<subsection name="dynaTrace Ant Task">
                 into your ant builds. This way you can easily record performance metrics
                 of your tests and get alerts to performance regressions.
<th>Compatibility:</th>
<th>URL:</th>
href="http://www.dynatrace.com/antTask">http://www.dynatrace.com/antTask</a></td>
<th>Contact:</th>
BSD</a></td>
</subsection>

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Guido,

the tone of the text is like the Ant project is advertising for
Dynatrace. I am not comfortable with committing the changes that you are
sending us as is.

The current blurb about dynatrace is :

<subsection name="dtAnt">
                 into your ant builds. This way you can easily record
performance metrics
                 of your tests including transactional performance data.
<th>Compatibility:</th>
<th>URL:</th>
href="https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Ant+Task+for+dynaTrace+3">https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Ant+Task+for+dynaTrace+3</a></td>
<th>Contact:</th>
<th>License:</th>
href="https://community.dynatrace.com/community/download/attachments/5144912/dynaTraceBSD.txt">dynaTrace

Posted by Guido Deinhammer <gu...@dynatrace.com>.
Hi Antoine,

I would like to get the text changed for the dynaTrace Ant task in the external plugins section.

Please apply the change below.

Thanks,

Guido

Patch for the external.xml file:

907,910c907,910
<       <subsection name="dtAnt">
<         <p>dtAnt allows integrating dynaTrace Application Performance Management
<                 into your ant builds. This way you can easily record performance metrics
<                 of your tests including transactional performance data.
---

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Guido,

Posted by Guido Deinhammer <gu...@dynatrace.com>.
Ok, so here is the patch file inline now.

Thanks,

Guido

External.xml.patch:

910,936d909
<
<       <subsection name="dtAnt">
<         <p>dtAnt allows integrating dynaTrace Application Performance Management
< 		into your ant builds. This way you can easily record performance metrics
< 		of your tests including transactional performance data.
< 		</p>
<         <table class="externals">
<         <tr>
<           <th>Compatibility:</th>
<           <td>Ant 1.6 and higher</td>
<         </tr>
<         <tr>
<           <th>URL:</th>
<           <td><a href="https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Ant+Task+for+dynaTrace+3">https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Ant+Task+for+dynaTrace+3</a></td>
<         </tr>
<         <tr>
<           <th>Contact:</th>
<         </tr>
<         <tr>
<           <th>License:</th>
<           <td><a href="https://community.dynatrace.com/community/download/attachments/5144912/dynaTraceBSD.txt">dynaTrace BSD</a></td>
<       </table>
<     </subsection>
<
<

Write your patch inline in the mail it will be OK

Regards,

Antoine

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Guido,