Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Serge Panev <sp...@nvidia.com.INVALID> on 2021/11/09 02:46:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.9.0.rc8

Dear MXNet community,

This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.9.0.rc8. Voting will start on Monday, November 8th, 2021 7:00 pm and close after 4 days.

Compared to RC7, this RC8:
- addresses several issues, described in https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/20616
- add MKLDNN Deconvolution 1D and 3D support

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.9.0+Release+Notes

Link to release candidate:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.9.0.rc8

Link to source and signatures on Apache dist server:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.9.0.rc8/

Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
+1 = approve
+0 = no opinion
-1 = disapprove (provide reason)

Best regards,
Serge Panev

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.9.0.rc8

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
-[x] Are release files in correct location? Yes
-[x] Do release files have the word incubating in their name? Yes
-[x] Are the digital signature and hashes correct? Yes
-[x] Does DISCLAIMER file exist? Yes
-[x] Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists? Yes
-[x] Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct? Yes
-[x] Is the NOTICE year correct? Yes
-[x] Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
NOTICE? Yes
-[x] License information is not mentioned in NOTICE? Yes

Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:
-[x] Does the software have a compatible license? Yes
-[x] Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE? Yes
-[x] Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE? Yes

Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:
-[x] Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this
NOTICE file? Yes
-[x] Do all source files have ASF headers? Yes
-[x] Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in
version control? Yes for those in the release artifact
-[x] Are there any unexpected binary files in the release? No
-[x] Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear? Yes

I vote with:
+1 release the software

Posted by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

I’ve checked

- Download links are correct.
- .asc, .sha512 are correct
- LICENSE and NOTICE exist
- files have license header where needed.

Good luck, team!!

> On Nov 9, 2021, at 10:46, Serge Panev <sp...@nvidia.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Dear MXNet community,
>
> This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.9.0.rc8. Voting will start on Monday, November 8th, 2021 7:00 pm and close after 4 days.
>
> Compared to RC7, this RC8:
> - addresses several issues, described in https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/20616
> - add MKLDNN Deconvolution 1D and 3D support
>
> Link to release notes:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.9.0+Release+Notes
>
> Link to release candidate:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.9.0.rc8
>
> Link to source and signatures on Apache dist server:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.9.0.rc8/
>
> Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
> +1 = approve
> +0 = no opinion
> -1 = disapprove (provide reason)
>

> Best regards,
> Serge Panev

—————————
Zhenxu Ke (柯振旭)
GitHub @kezhenxu94

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.9.0.rc8

Posted by Przemysław Trędak <pt...@apache.org>.
Carrying my +1 vote from teh previous RCs (since the changes were only to address the license issues).

Thank you,
Przemek

Posted by Manu Seth <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1