Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Irv Salisbury III <ir...@dotech.com> on 2005/01/26 21:32:40 UTC

XML Post data and internal pipelines

Actually 2 questions:

1. In general, what is the best way to get XML post data into your
pipeline?  I saw that the StreamGenerator can do this.  Is this the best
way?

2. If I have an internal pipeline that I want to call using the
cocoon://my-pipline semantics using the CIncludeTransformer, and I want
to pass it XML, what is the best way to set that up?  It looks like I
can use the cinclude mechanism for sending POST XML to it, and then use
the StreamGenerator, but that seems like overkill.  Is there a better
way to pass XML to an internal pipeline to get it started?  I can't just
use a view because I want its resulting XML to come back into the
calling pipeline.

What we basically have is a series of pipelines that will take XML data
as a POST.  I then want to be able to call those from within other
pipelines, passing it the XML to get started on.  Any help or ideas
would be greatly appreciated.

Irv