Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2009/09/29 20:52:09 UTC

Re: TaskTracker: Can not start task tracker because java.lang.RuntimeException: Not a host:port pair: local

Hi David,

The --config parameter to hadoop expects a configuration directory, not a
file. Your file still needs to be named hadoop-site.xml (or in newer
versions core-site, hdfs-site, or mapred-site.xml)

Hope that helps
-Todd

Posted by David Been <da...@gmail.com>.
Copied my property to mapred-site.xml and works great!!   thanks

dave