Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vinay Kashyap <vi...@ymail.com> on 2014/03/17 07:24:46 UTC

RPC time out when using Coprocessor

Hi all,
I am trying to insert 100000 records to hbase, each record of size 1kb and target 1000 ops/sec using YCSB and I am able to insert the same asynchronously without any problem.
But when I enable Coprocessor to inject small validations to the records before inserting in to HBase, I get so many time out exceptions. The validation logic is not so heavy.
I have changed rpc handler count to 32 per region server.
I just wanted to understand what is making the Coprocessor so heavy for timeouts to occur..

Thanks and regards
Vinay Kashyap

Re: RPC time out when using Coprocessor

Posted by Vinay Kashyap <vi...@ymail.com>.
Hi Ted,
I am using hbase 0.94.6 cdh 4.5.
The validation logic is quite simple, it just validates the record for existance of a particular column and its corresponding value, else that record will be ignored. This should not load coprocessor so much.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.