Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by akos <ak...@p92.hu> on 2010/02/15 14:35:15 UTC

Locale dependent reflection methods.

Hi,

I've found a small bug in amq. The
org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport.findSetterMethod uses
name.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase(). What is local dependent. For example in
turkish locale we won't get setter for 'initialReconnectDelay', because the
uppercase of 'i' is not 'I'.

I would suggest using Character.toUpperCase(name.charAt(0)) what is local
independent.

Thanks,
akos

Re: Locale dependent reflection methods.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

you can create your account here
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by akos <ak...@p92.hu>.

Posted by akos <ak...@p92.hu>.
jira #: AMQ-2608

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the input. Can you raise an jira for this bug so it is not lost?

On 15 February 2010 13:35, akos <ak...@p92.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found a small bug in amq. The
> org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport.findSetterMethod uses
> name.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase(). What is local dependent. For example in
> turkish locale we won't get setter for 'initialReconnectDelay', because the
> uppercase of 'i' is not 'I'.
>
> I would suggest using Character.toUpperCase(name.charAt(0)) what is local
> independent.
>
> Thanks,
> akos

http://blog.garytully.com