Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mazza, Glen R, PERSCOM" <Gl...@hoffman.army.mil> on 2002/09/11 21:19:29 UTC

[LEGAL] RE: sites powered by struts

I noticed that neither site--the one below nor the one earlier on the
Special Olympics, have the Apache copyright message on them, I thought
necessary for licensing.  OTOH, I'm unclear on this point, because no Struts
software is actually being redistributed--the Struts libraries are just
sitting on the web server, so maybe no Apache notice on the web pages are
necessary.  Which is the case?

To me, one of the issues to take into account when deciding whether or not
to use Struts is the need to place an Apache notice on the web page--your
business customers may not find that acceptable.

Glen