Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John <is...@cc.uoi.gr> on 2005/03/21 21:14:14 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] webdav failure

From: Daniel Graupner <li...@danielgraupner.de>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 3:19:44 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] webdav failure

  Sunday, March 20, 2005, 3:19:44 PM, you wrote:

  > Daniel Graupner wrote:
>> Joe Orton wrote:
>> I emailed the user and mail the answer as soon as it arrives.

> OK, first said he first tried with windows network environment, he
> wanted to upload 50GB of data over night. The next morning he
> investigated that his machine rebooted over night and I had this log
> message (Question is if the log says that the client had problems or
> server?).

> Then he tried with "Mac OS Finder" and later with "Goliath for Mac OS"
> and the error there was that the connection was lost (but he said this
> was not the case).

> Is it sure to say that the "...bucket..." error is directly related with
> a client problem??

> Regards, Daniel.

Hello

I have also faced that weird error. Do you think that this is a client
problem?

My user was using the "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing
Provider DAV", probably a IE.

Re: [users@httpd] Ok Here we go Newb questions

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:28:21 -0500, Joe Tellup <jo...@tellup.org> wrote:
> Well thanks for the welcome, and yes I want to make sure I don't abuse this
> forum.
>
> Three questions then if I may, I searched the docs found nothing.
>
> With IIS you turn on your web server and your ftp server. It appears that
> apache is only a web server, do I need a third party ftp server?

Or add an ftp module to apache.  I know there are a couple different
projects around that integrate ftp serving into apache, but I don't
have experience with any of them, so I can't provide specific help.
In the end, you may very well find it easier to have a third-party ftp
server.

> Next, again with IIS you set your cgi time out in the control panel, do we
> do this in the config file with apache?

I'm not sure.  I'm not exactly sure what the IIS cgi time-out setting does.
There is a "Timeout" directive in apache, but it applies to alot of
different stuff, not simply CGI.

> Finally, where do we set users accesses? Is that strictly controlled by
> .htaccess?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/auth.html

> I have also faced that weird error. Do you think that this is a client
> problem?
>
> My user was using the "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing
> Provider DAV", probably a IE.

This seems like a part of another conversation.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Ok Here we go Newb questions

Posted by Joe Tellup <jo...@tellup.org>.
Well thanks for the welcome, and yes I want to make sure I don't abuse this
forum.

Three questions then if I may, I searched the docs found nothing.

With IIS you turn on your web server and your ftp server. It appears that
apache is only a web server, do I need a third party ftp server?

Next, again with IIS you set your cgi time out in the control panel, do we
do this in the config file with apache?

Finally, where do we set users accesses? Is that strictly controlled by
.htaccess?

Remember I've run IIS for 6 years now, no nothing about apache.

Thanks