Posted to dev@teaclave.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2021/08/24 21:49:29 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.3.0 released

Dear community,

The Apache Teaclave (incubating) team is pleased to announce the
release of Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.3.0.

This is the third Apache Incubator release of Teaclave. Apache
Teaclave (incubating) is an open source universal secure computing
platform, making computation on privacy-sensitive data safe and
simple.

This is the third official Apache Incubator release. In this release,
we focus more on bringing WebAssembly into Teaclave. Now, you can run
functions written in different languages in Teaclave with the
WebAssembly executor. Specifically, we modify WebAssembly Micro
Runtime and add it as a new executor in Teaclave.

To illustrate the capability of the executor, we also support
WebAssembly machine learning models compiled by Apache TVM. Apache TVM
is an open source machine learning compiler framework for CPUs, GPUs,
and machine learning accelerators.  TVM also supports WebAssembly
runtime backend.  We also introduce a new MNIST inference example to
show the usage of the new executor with TVM.

Here is a list of notable changes in Teaclave version 0.3.0.

**Features**
  - Add the WebAssembly executor to support functions written in other
languages.
  - Examples of running C and Rust with the WebAssembly executor.
  - Support inference tasks with models compiled by TVM.
  - Add the MNIST inference example to demonstrate the ability of
using TVM in Teaclave.

**Enhancements**
  - Add the script to simplify developing with editors with Rust's
Language Server Protocol support.
  - Upgrade SGX SDK dependencies, i.e., Intel SGX SDK to version
2.14.100.2, DCAP to version 1.11.100.2.

**Bug Fixes**
  - Update the SGX SDK used in the runtime dockerfile.
  - Fix Python.h not found when compiling acs_py_enclave.c.
  - Fix building system messed up by untracked Cargo.lock files.
  - Fix dcap building issue.

**Docs**
  - Add instructions to configure URLs of input/output files in examples.
  - Executing WebAssembly in Teaclave:
https://teaclave.apache.org/docs/executing-wasm/.
  - Inferencing with TVM in Teaclave:
https://teaclave.apache.org/docs/inference-with-tvm/.

Release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/releases/tag/v0.3.0

A link to the download can be found here: https://teaclave.apache.org/download/

To learn more about Teaclave, please visit: https://teaclave.apache.org/

Best,
Mingshen Sun
The Apache Teaclave (incubating) Team

===

*Disclaimer*

Apache Teaclave (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.