Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu> on 2008/08/05 13:31:17 UTC

Getting started with 0.14 and Visual Studio

I have some problems after installing the branch

I've run
./bootstrap-build.bat -DVisualStudio2005
mvn org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:0.14-incubating-SNAPSHOT:install

The addin is in the Tools menu, but clicking on it the only result is
that the menu entry gets disabled
Started VS with /Log and I see the AddIn loaded entry but no errors

Tried uninstalling (deleted addin from My Documents, delete NMaven*
from the assembly cache, removed .m2/)

Re: Getting started with 0.14 and Visual Studio

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Jan Stevens Ancajas <ja...@exist.com> wrote:
> After clicking Tools->NMaven Build System, the menu entry is usually
> disabled and there is a message in the Output window  something like :
> "NMaven Addin Successful Started..."
> Right clicking the project file(s) in the Solution Explorer will also show
> up the Maven menu items created. (e.g. "Maven Phase", "Add Maven
> Artifact...").
>
> I did your instructions below earlier and seems to be working for me.

I rebuilt it again and don't know why but now it works :)

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>wrote:
>
>> Sorry it was sent before I finished
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>
>> wrote:
>> > I have some problems after installing the branch
>> >
>> > I've run
>> > ./bootstrap-build.bat -DVisualStudio2005
>> > mvn
>> org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:0.14-incubating-SNAPSHOT:install
>> >
>> > The addin is in the Tools menu, but clicking on it the only result is
>> > that the menu entry gets disabled
>> > Started VS with /Log and I see the AddIn loaded entry but no errors
>> >

>> Tried uninstalling (deleted addin from My Documents, delete NMaven*
>> from the assembly cache, removed .m2 pab, uac and
>> nmaven-settings.xml), no luck
>>

>> Another issue, when opening
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nmaven/branches/NMAVEN_0.14/assemblies/NMaven/NMaven.sln
>> in VS some references are not resolved for NMaven.VisualStudio.Addin
>>
>> Castle.Core
>> Castle.DynamicProxy
>> Castle.MicroKernel
>> Castle.Windsor
>> NMaven.Model.Settings
>

> These references are need to be re-added  in home_dir\.m2\gac\...  since
> they are linked to an absolute path.

thanks, that did the trick

Posted by Jan Stevens Ancajas <ja...@exist.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.