Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by George Goh <ge...@spodon.com> on 2023/05/31 17:20:31 UTC

client.dns.lookup=”use_all_dns_ips” cache ttl

Hi!

I’m considering to use the following configuration for my producers and
consumers:

client.dns.lookup=”use_all_dns_ips”

So that I only have a single DNS entry to manage the list of brokers.

I also have another cluster connected via MirrorMaker 2, which serves as a
failover.

My question is, if I was to change the DNS entry to point to the 2nd
cluster, is there a delay before clients pick up the new A Records due to
caching? If yes, can caching be disabled?

Thank you.

Re: client.dns.lookup=”use_all_dns_ips” cache ttl

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

I believe the JVM will have cache to this DNS records.
And maybe OS will also cache it.
Had a quick look, Kafka doesn't cache it.

Thanks.
Luke