Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/02/24 17:09:03 UTC

Re: selenium testing was New OFBiz stable release

Thanks I guess it is time to think about changing over from my Windows
based testing tool to selenium.
found some youtube tutorials.
under
selenium testing
Maybe make some video on ofbiz to get more involvement.

see what i can salvage.
I guess to make the java code so can fit into the Junit tests framework.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/24/2010 12:19 AM:
> Hi BJ,
>
> Then Selenium should be the way...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>
>> Those type of tests were not what I had in mind.
>> they are modular so are not dependent on the previous modules.
>> first the order is read in using all the services that would be used to
>> receive an order, no stuffing data into an entity.
>>

>> I am talking about starting with a order then doing all the operation
>> till it is complete then checking the GL to see if it has correct amount.
>>
>> the data I use has also been run through an accounting application in
>> parallel to match the results.
>>
>> for the whole year the test unit reads in orders stored in files.
>> checking the GL data as each order is completed. The test takes a couple
>> of weeks.
>>

>> Anil Patel sent the following on 2/23/2010 4:16 PM:
>>> Look for contents in
>>> OrderTest.xml
>>> accountingtests.xml
>>> invoicetests.xml