Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com> on 2004/05/10 17:02:21 UTC

expires in redirects

Any reason why expires set by mod_expires are not added to redirected
requests?  Should I hack up my own expires that does?

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer

Re: expires in redirects

Posted by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com>.
Joe Orton wrote:

>On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:02:21AM -0400, Brian Akins wrote:
>

>>Any reason why expires set by mod_expires are not added to redirected
>>requests?  Should I hack up my own expires that does?
>>

>Are you using 2.0.49? There's a fix for setting Expires on error
>
>joe

Yes. 2.0.49 seems to have fixed it.
I wish I could do something like;
If redirect
    expires = foo
else
    expires = bar

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer

Re: expires in redirects

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Re: expires in redirects

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On May 10, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Brian Akins wrote:

> Any reason why expires set by mod_expires are not added to redirected
> requests?  Should I hack up my own expires that does?

Thats a bug! Either file it in the bug database - or propose a patch. I
would expect that that some of the prev/next request records are not
copied correctly. Though do note that certain redirects on Error's and
Aliases may lead to Redirects very early in the module chain - well
before a <Location or something like that has had a chance to kick in.

Dw