Posted to users@felix.apache.org by techi_amol <te...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/18 19:29:24 UTC

Help with Felix Maven Plugin

Hi All,

I trying to wrap one of our standalone JMS apps into an OSGI bundle. To do
that i need to include some dependencies jar files inside the bundle archive
and add them as part of Bundle-ClassPath.

I tried added
<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile;inline=false</Embed-Dependency> to my
pom.xml but the generated bundle jar does not contain the dependencies jars
included in the bundle archive. Also Bundle-ClassPath attribute is not added
to the MANIFEST.MF.

How do i achieve the above? If someone has a sample pom, that will be great

thanks
Amol

Re: Help with Felix Maven Plugin

Posted by techi_amol <te...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for the help i got this work. But there is one more thing. Here are
the instructions that i give for Manifest generation in my pom.xml

<configuration>
<instructions>
<Bundle-ManifestVersion>2</Bundle-ManifestVersion>
<Bundle-Name>MLBOsgiRemoteDeployment Plug-in</Bundle-Name>
<Bundle-SymbolicName>MLBOsgiRemoteDeployment</Bundle-SymbolicName>
<Bundle-Version>${pom.version}</Bundle-Version>
<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime</Embed-Dependency>
<Bundle-Activator>mlb.osgi.remote.deploy.activator.MLBOsgiRemoteDeploymentBundleActivator</Bundle-Activator>
<Private-Package>mlb.osgi.remote.deploy.*</Private-Package>
</instructions>

The resulting bundle jar has the right Bundle-ClassPath arrtibute, how ever
this generates a Import-Package attribute. I dont want the control the
import package attribute thats i generated. If i add
<Import-Package> tag in the pom with the imports that i want, i get an error
that "Unresolved references to [<package name>] by class(es) on the
Bundle-Classpath [<list of jar file in the bundle classpath>]

Is there a way to make sure that <Embed-Dependency> added only the
Bundle-ClassPath attribute and not to the import package, or to enforce that
the import packages are with resolution=optional.

cheers
amol.

Posted by Martin Thelian <Ma...@gmx.at>.