Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/09/25 15:07:08 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 14:53 Europe/Rome, vgritsenko@apache.org
wrote:

> vgritsenko    2003/09/25 05:53:13
>
>   Modified:    src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js
>   Log:
>   Zap tabs and other formatting changes.
>   Comment out handling of Ctrl + Left/Right Arrows - it did not worked?

what do you mean? (curious)

--
Stefano.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Klaus Bertram wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> ... and as linotype works under
>> mozilla only ("midas", right?), it kind of does not make sense. Let me
>> know if I miss anything, it is easy to uncomment this code back.
>>
>> Vadim
>>
> by the way of commit has someone test my patch for the IE linotype working?
> should it use at the 2.1.2 ?

I had trouble applying the patch you posted and have been waiting for
you to reply to my followup on bugzilla.  I tried both eclipse and patch
under cygwin to apply it and replied - not valid patch file.  Perhaps it
was a file ending problem which I can check later.  Can you try
re-generating the patch as diff -u and repost it or send it to me directly?

Geoff

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

Posted by Klaus Bertram <k....@kbsm.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 14:53 Europe/Rome, vgritsenko@apache.org
>> wrote:
>>
>>> vgritsenko    2003/09/25 05:53:13
>>>
>>>   Modified:    src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js
>>>   Log:
>>>   Zap tabs and other formatting changes.
>>>   Comment out handling of Ctrl + Left/Right Arrows - it did not worked?
>>

>> what do you mean? (curious)
>

> I mean that after commenting out this part I can use my favorite key
> combinations -- Ctrl + LeftArrow, Ctrl + RightArrow, which allow cursor
> to jump one word left / right.
>
> AFAIU, this code snippet does not work under mozilla (I guess it throws
> an exception which is ignored in catch block -- and FIXME on line 73
> talks exactly about it as well), and as linotype works under mozilla
> only ("midas", right?), it kind of does not make sense. Let me know if I
> miss anything, it is easy to uncomment this code back.
>
> Vadim

by the way of commit has someone test my patch for the IE linotype working?
should it use at the 2.1.2 ?

Klaus

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> DOH!  I just last night applied that patch for IE which involved
>> nearly every line and had to be reviewed by hand because of conflicts,
>> pseudo conflicts and my inability to make eclipse or "patch" recognize
>> that patch (even a "fixed" version Klaus emailed me off list).
>>
>> Can you see if you can apply it there? I want to test this thing and
>> get it in if it holds up.  IMHO linotype is not going to get adopted
>> in appreciable numbers until it supports IE.
>
> Where is the patch? :)

Attached now (it's also at bugzilla but Klaus mentioned some problem
with the files there).

Geoff

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 13:54 Europe/Rome, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 16:00 Europe/Rome, Vadim Gritsenko
>> wrote:

>>> I mean that after commenting out this part I can use my favorite key
>>> combinations -- Ctrl + LeftArrow, Ctrl + RightArrow, which allow
>>> cursor to jump one word left / right.
>>>
>>> AFAIU, this code snippet does not work under mozilla (I guess it
>>> throws an exception which is ignored in catch block -- and FIXME on
>>> line 73 talks exactly about it as well), and as linotype works under
>>> mozilla only ("midas", right?), it kind of does not make sense. Let
>>> me know if I miss anything, it is easy to uncomment this code back.
>>

>> on macosx, apple+leftarrow does back and you end up loosing all your
>> content.
>>
>> I think that's the reason why I turned it off... althought I don't
>> think it was related with ctrl... hmmm,
>

> On non-macosx, this will be alt+arrows. I patched script to ignore
> apple+arrows and alt+arrows.

cool, thanks.

> Don't know about ctrl+[ ctrl+] and apple+[ apple+] so it is commented
> out.

apple+[ indents
apple+] outdents

but I'm not sure midas supports this. to be honest, I don't remember
what I wrote ;-)

--
Stefano.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.