Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bill Tutt <ra...@lyra.org> on 2002/07/12 16:09:51 UTC

RE: svn commit: rev 2482 - branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs

> From: cmpilato@tigris.org [mailto:cmpilato@tigris.org]
>
> Author: cmpilato
> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:53:39 -0500
> New Revision: 2482
>
> Modified:
>    branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/tree.c
> Log:
> Finish issue #754.
>
>   (maybe_update_ancestry): Remove `ancestor_id' and perform Bill
>     Tutt's latest greatest computation for when to update ancestry.

As important as this is, I'd remind you that being able to use the
previously cached values of these ancestor computations from inside of
merge() is very important. The operations are too expensive just to call
from anywhere. :)

Clearly the commit as is fixes the correctness issue. Yay!

Thanks a bunch!

Bill

Re: svn commit: rev 2482 - branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
"Bill Tutt" <ra...@lyra.org> writes:

> > From: cmpilato@tigris.org [mailto:cmpilato@tigris.org]
> >
> > Author: cmpilato
> > Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:53:39 -0500
> > New Revision: 2482
> >
> > Modified:
> >    branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/tree.c
> > Log:
> > Finish issue #754.
> >
> >   (maybe_update_ancestry): Remove `ancestor_id' and perform Bill
> >     Tutt's latest greatest computation for when to update ancestry.
>
> As important as this is, I'd remind you that being able to use the
> previously cached values of these ancestor computations from inside of
> merge() is very important. The operations are too expensive just to call
> from anywhere. :)

Yeah, I have a personal TODO to handle that different.  As you said,
the cost is too great.